The natural sites are special areas where flora and fauna are maintained: Arcachon Bay, Gironde’s only internal sea, feeds a series of natural sites with exceptional landscapes.
Oyster activities and maritime and tourist pursuits have developed and, over time, shaped the coastal villages and town, making them like another world…
Discover GirondeA unique place
During your stay in Gironde, lovers of open spaces and wild nature will be delighted to visit:
- The Réserve de Bruges, La Prade lake in Bazas
- The Parc des Landes in Belin Beliet
- The Canal Latéral de Castets in Dorthe
- The Geological Nature Reserve in Saucats
- Hiking trails and canoe descents in Ciron valley
- The Domaine de Certes, former saltings where both agriculture and fish farming are practised (and there are numerous bird species)
- The Conche de St Brice in Arès
- Banc d’Arguin nature reserve
- The Grand Dune of Pyla
- The mysterious Wooded Marsh of Contaut Lagoon
- The Logis Marsh, a preferred halting point for migrating birds in Verdon sur Mer.